What to Expect at Your Appointment
We appreciate the trust and confidence you place in us to provide you with excellence in eye care. In order to make your appointment process as smooth as possible, and to minimize wait times for all of our patients:
Prior to the day of your appointment:
- Create a patient portal from the “Our Patient Portal” link on our home page.
- Complete your patient history on the patient portal.
- Ensure that you have provided us with your vision and/or medical insurance and ID numbers
- Confirm your appointment (our system automatically cancels any appointments that have not been confirmed)
On the day of your scheduled office visit:
- If you were not able to successfully create a patient portal and complete medical history within your portal, arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork prior to your appointment time.
- Bring your vision and/or medical insurance cards.
- Bring a list of all medications you are currently taking - including prescription and over the counter.
- Bring any eye drops you use - prescription and/or over the counter
- Bring your current eyeglasses, current sunglasses, reading or computer glasses
- Bring the means to pay any deductible, co-pay, or overages the day of your scheduled visit. We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard & Care Credit
Once you have reserved an appointment, in the unfortunate event you are unable to keep your appointment, for any reason, we kindly request your 48 hour advance call to reschedule.
We request payment for your non-covered eye health fees at the time services are provided, including your responsibility for co-payments and deductibles and any non-covered tests or items. You may call our office to obtain your estimated out of pocket, we are happy to provide this information to you prior to your appointment.
Your eyewear is very carefully custom crafted specifically for you. We will request payment prior to ordering so we may start the laboratory process to complete them in a timely manner for you.
When your new eyewear is precise and meets our demand we will call you for a finished fitting and alignment.
We look forward to providing you with excellence in your eye health care!
What to Expect
Please plan on being at our office for up to 1 ½ hrs
- Initial Testing - A technician will complete tests that the doctor needs before the doctor examines your eyes.
- Dilating Your Eyes - Often, the dilation is necessary for the doctor to examine and evaluate your eye health. The dilation step requires about 15 minutes for the pupils to become large enough for the eye doctor to see inside your eye. This is painless and important to maintain best eye health
- Doctor Evaluation - The doctor will examine the health of your eyes, address your questions, and provide advice and choice.
- Optical and Contact lenses - If required, our opticians will follow the doctor’s advice and fill your prescriptions precisely.
- Pre-appoint and Checkout - We will schedule your next appointment at checkout and collect any out of pocket expenses from you on the day of service.
- To DECREASE your wait time at the office, fill out all forms BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, and BRING all finished paperwork to your appointment 15 minutes before your reserved doctor visit.
Your team in healthy eyes for life!